Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Matheny School and Hospital
Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: February 9, 2024
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law. Matheny Medical and Educational
Center has a career opportunity available for Part Time Licensed
Practical Nurses (LPNs) at our Basking Ridge, NJ Community
Residence.Full Time shifts are Monday, Friday, Saturday
7am-7pm.Part Time shifts are either every Sunday 7am-7pm or every
Saturday 7pm-7am. Full Time, qualified candidates who are hired
will receive a Signing Bonus of $3,000.00. ($1,500.00 payable after
completion of three months of continuous employment and the
remaining $1,500.00 after completion of six months of continuous
employment). Duties of this position include:
- Serves as the primary nurse for a caseload of community
residents as assigned by the Community Nurse Manager.
- Provides skilled nursing care to community residents.
- Interacts with other members of the Community Residence staff
and day program staff to ensure continuity and coordination of
- Documents all aspects of patients' health care in accordance
with DDD and Community Residence requirements.
- Monitors and coordinates care with the Community Resident
- Provides staff training to promote the professional development
of staff and optimize patient care.
- Engages in professional relationships with community health
professionals (including physicians, pharmacists, rehabilitation
- Reviews all residents' physical and medication records.
- Ensures the implementation of medically prescribed diets and
- Consults with medical staff on medical, health and safety
- Responds to crises and intervenes as needed.
- Recommends policies and procedures on health issues and
monitors their implementation.
- Performs monitoring activities as assigned by the Community
Nurse Manager and/or Group Home Manager.
- Provides "hands on care" of the residents, including ADL care
and assisting the patients with eating.
- Oversees or performs administration of all medications and
treatments while on duty.
- Communicates effectively with group home staff regarding issues
within the residence.
- Completes paperwork required for the Community Residence.
- Reviews meal plans to ensure delivery of medically prescribed
and proper nutrition.
- Provides training to new Community Residence staff and informs
them of applicable Community Residence Policies and
- Accompanies and transports residents to appointments and
- Follows proper medication administration procedures in
accordance with DDD and Community Residence Policies and
- Follow medical documentation procedures for physicians.
- Assists with Activities of Daily Living and personal care for
all patients. Enriching Lives. Growing AbilitiesMatheny is a
special hospital for children and adults with medically complex
developmental disabilities. Matheny's mission is to provide
exceptional care and an optimal quality of life for children and
adults with special needs and medically complex developmental
disabilities. Founded by Walter and Marquerite Matheny in 1951, the
Matheny of today is a pioneer in providing fully integrated,
personalized care and education that respects each person's dignity
and encourages their highest potential. At Matheny, we focus on
abilities in a warm and nurturing environment.Our fully-accredited
non-profit private school combines traditional academics with
therapeutic intervention and pre-vocational skill development. Our
Adult Services Program includes seven licensed community
residences/group homes and two adult learning centers. Staffed by
experienced therapists and instructors, the program supports adult
patients as they attain their highest level of functioning and
integration into the community. Matheny's Arts Access program
empowers individuals with disabilities to create art without
boundaries. Through the use of innovative communication systems,
the artists have complete freedom to explore a world that is
defined only by their unlimited creativity and unique
self-expression. Desired Qualities of a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Compassion Incentives for joining the Matheny team:
- Paid Training
- Staff Appreciation events
- Health and Wellness fairs
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Diversity events
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- For Full Time employees, Matheny offers a competitive salary
and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental,
life insurance, tuition reimbursement, tax deferred retirement
plan, and generous paid time off. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. POSITION
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required.
- Minimum of one year experience working with persons with
developmental disabilities preferred.
- Current Licensed Practical Nursing license issued by New Jersey
State Board of Nursing.
- Valid Driver's License. PM22 FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time
and/or Part-Time Location NJ, Basking RidgeDOCUMENT UPLOAD None
Keywords: Matheny School and Hospital, Plainfield , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!