Virginia Tech Security Engineering Summer 2024 Internship
Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: September 17, 2023
When you join VerizonVerizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect around the world. We're a human network that
reaches across the globe and works behind the scenes. We
anticipate, lead, and believe that listening is where learning
begins. In crisis and in celebration, we come together-lifting up
our communities and striving to make an impact to move the world
forward. If you're fueled by purpose, and powered by persistence,
explore a career with us. Here, you'll discover the rigor it takes
to make a difference and the fulfillment that comes with living the
#NetworkLife.What you'll be doing...This posting is for students
attending the Virginia Tech Expo. Candidates interested in
opportunities who are not attending the Virginia Tech Expo should
search and apply to other roles here: .From internships and co-ops
to leadership development programs and entry-level roles, Verizon's
award-winning Campus program allows you to take the next step
toward shaping your future. Our Campus program has been recognized
with awards like WayUp's Top 100 Internship Programs and
RippleMatch's Campus Forward Award. Why the accolades? It's easy.
We quickly immerse our interns in meaningful work and projects that
deliver tangible business impact. Plus, you'll have the opportunity
to network with V Teamers across the globe, find mentors, and
establish meaningful friendships that could last a lifetime. Start
here and go anywhere, with opportunities across the business. When
students like you join the V Team, our network becomes even
stronger.This position is for a Security Engineering intern. Some
of the projects you may work on could enhance your skills in one or
more of the following areas:
- 5G Technology
- AR/VR and Computer Vision
- Python, Java, expert systems software
- Database management systems (e.g., SQL)
- access management, information assurance, intrusion
- Cloud Security infrastructure, policies & standards, loud
vendor assessment, security configuration
- Data Administration & Security data classifications, loss
prevention, privacy, incident review
- Identity & Access Management fraud identification, key
management, OAuth, Open ID
- Incident Response incident management, triage
- Network Security external/internal network security and
perimeter securityYou must be currently enrolled in a degree
program and be in good academic standing to be considered.In this
hybrid internship, you'll have a defined work location that
includes work from home and assigned office days set by your
manager. This hybrid internship may be based out of NJ or VA. If
relocation is required, relocation assistance may be available.
What we're looking for...You're a motivated self-starter. Never
satisfied with the status quo, you're always trying to perform at
your personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where
new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable, and
work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally
rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.You'll need to have:
- Currently enrolled at Virginia Tech and attending the Virginia
Tech expo on 9/13.
- Ability to participate in our hybrid 10-week internship that
takes place from June 3, 2024-August 9, 2024.
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor's or Master's degree majoring
in Telecommunications, Information Technology, Engineering, Data
Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science or related majors with a
completion date between December 2024 and June 2026.
- Coursework or demonstrated experience in scripting and coding
(ex: Python, Java).
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need
for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to travel and work in an assigned Verizon office.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated strong written and communication skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite.
- Proficiency in binary analysis.
- Knowledge of Network & Security protocols (ex: TCP/IP).
- Knowledge of Threat Management and Incident Response (ex:
- Knowledge of fraud identification, key management, OAuth,
- Knowledge of y cloud infrastructure, policies, & standards,
- Understanding of penetration testing.If Verizon and this role
sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you
don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.Where
you'll be workingIn this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work
location that includes work from home and assigned office days set
by your manager.Scheduled Weekly Hours40Equal Employment
Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and
celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know
that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best. Check out page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon, Plainfield , Virginia Tech Security Engineering Summer 2024 Internship, Engineering , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!