Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: September 12, 2023
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here. What you'll be doing... As a leader within FP&A
supporting the Verizon Global Services team, you will be
responsible for being a strategic partner to the business thru:
- Managing strategic investment portfolio
- Facilitate strategic decisions on new and emerging business
models and divestitures.
- Enable a culture of innovation.
- Facilitate negotiations with strategic partners and
- Create Value with market leading analytics, business case
analysis and intelligence.
- Define and managed the strategic, annual and quarterly
operating plans and imperatives.
- Drive profitable growth, cost efficiency and process
- Support innovation and effective allocation of capital
- Drive integrated planning, gap identification and closure.
- Enable self-service reporting and analytics.
- Align proposed actions with enterprise value levers.
- Facilitate business reviews and decision making. You will lead
a team of Finance professionals and will be responsible for staff
engagement, motivation, morale, and development of direct reports,
and overall team growth, including mentoring and coaching. You will
provide timely feedback, guidance, and training to help attain
departmental goals. What we're looking for... Education
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or equivalent work
- Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or
Economics or equivalent preferred. Prior Work Experience
- 10+ years of proven financial experience in Financial Planning
& Analysis or Accounting.
- Demonstrated experience applying strategic thinking, leadership
and direction of cross
functional teams to complete strategic financial objectives.
- Extensive management experience and a proven record of meeting
multiple complex projects simultaneously, and working in a
fast-paced, dynamic, individual and
team-oriented work environment.
- Experience presenting at the most senior level within an
organization and interacting
successfully with senior leadership.
- Experience successfully evaluating and interpreting how changes
in the industry impact strategy
and financial projections in a consumer-based business.
- Previous experience transforming processes and /or implementing
- Strong understanding of Planning Processes within Verizon.
- Previous experience driving FP&A towards future state
capabilities like predictive, AI/ML and other capabilities that
will evolve them to a strategic partner to the business.
- Professional certifications and or advance learning
certifications (e.g. CPA, CMA, Data & Analytics) preferred.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Ability to network and bring teams together to align on
- Extensive experience with the design and implementation of
financial reporting and planning systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google suite
- Knowledge in the usage Qlik, and/or visualization tools.
- Knowledge in the usage of digital tools, Smartsheets, Allteryx
/Knime, Oracle applications including Narrative Reporting, Oracle
Enterprise Planning, Hyperion and Hyperion Strategic Finance and
- Attention to detail and strong written and oral communications
- Expert knowledge and technical acumen for the analysis of
- Excellent communications and presentation skills; comfortable
with presenting to executives.
- Ability to work in matrix organization. Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that
includes work from home and assigned office days set by your
manager. Scheduled Weekly Hours 40 Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon, Plainfield , Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting, Auditing , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!